Terms of Business Reports
TERMS AND CONDITIONS/TERMS OF BUSINESS
Published: 22 February 2021 (Last update: 26th May 2021)
Please read all these terms and conditions/Terms of Business
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services and goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Buyers Edge Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 12595525 whose registered office is at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms of Business/Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I have read and understood the Disclaimer and accept the Terms of Business’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Services and Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
The Customer has no right (and shall not permit any third party) to copy, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt or make error corrections to the API and technology in calling the API in whole or in part (whether by reverse engineering, decompilation or disassembly)
The Customer may not use any such information provided by Buyers Edge or obtained by the Customer during any such reduction to create any software whose expression is substantially similar to that of the API nor use such information in any manner which would be restricted by any copyright subsisting in it.
The Customer shall not:
sub-license, assign or novate the benefit or burden of the data results in whole or in part;
allow the API and Technology in calling the API to become the subject of any charge, lien or encumbrance; and
deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights and obligations under this Agreement,
If any unauthorised use is made of the Data or API and such use is attributable to the act or default of, or through, the Customer (including breach of any Customer User Requirements) then, without prejudice to Buyers Edge’s other rights and remedies, the Customer shall immediately be liable to pay Buyers Edge an amount equal to the Charges that Buyers Edge would have charged, had Buyers Edge or the Customer (as the case may be) authorised the unauthorised user at the beginning of the period of that unauthorised use together with interest at the rate provided for, from the date of that unauthorised use to the date of payment.
The customer agrees not to distribute or resell any of the data in the reports purchased without prior consent.
Buyers Edge will not be held liable for any inaccuracies in the data provided, or any inaccuracies in the interpretation of the data provided, Buyers Edge make it clear the data provided is subject to potential inaccuracies in the disclaimers. Customers are advised not to rely on the data, to do their own due diligence and seek legal and/or professional advise in the property acquisition process.
By accepting our Terms of Business you are also agreeing that you have read, understood and agreed with our disclaimers which form part of our terms of business/terms and conditions.
Buyers Edge give access to data that other companies/organisations share surrounding property and offer a unique perspective and interpretation through the eyes of a potential home buyer for homes in the United Kingdom. It is another tool to help UK homebuyers.
Buyers Edge are not investment or financial advisors and do not make or give investment advise through our reports or other services. Customers invest at their own risk and must perform their own due diligence. The statements expressed on the website and in the data packages are our opinions only and should not be taken as financial or investment advice.
We cannot guarantee the materials on our site are accurate or up-to-date. We also cannot guarantee the website will not crash in use. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages that may result to you or a third party connected with the use of or the result of using this website, its contents, purchasing the data packages/reports and the data that is returned along with Buyers Edge’s interpretation.
The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- The description of the Data package and any service is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies.
- In the case of Services and Data packages made for your target properties address, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate, I.e. Address input.
- All Services/Data packages which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
- We may contact you by phone call or SMS and you expressly agree to this.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
- ‘GDPR’ means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Services and Goods to you.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services and Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Services and Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: email@example.com.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, we are not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to your business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because we believe you are not buying the Services and Goods wholly or mainly for your business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If you have a complaint or if a dispute occurs customers should contact us so that we can help to find a solution together. You agree to negotiate any disputer informally for at least 45 days before initiating any other form of dispute resolution.
Buyers Edge are member of the Property Redress Scheme (Membership number PRS025895), if your complaint or dispute is covered under the property redress scheme you are able to submit your complaint or ask them to handle your dispute on your behalf.
- We aim to follow these codes of conduct, copies of which you can obtain as follows: Property Redress Scheme available from www.theprs.co.uk Anti-Money Laundering available from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/money-laundering-regulations-supervised-business-register